Review: Madeline Watch from Folsom & Co... Do I Love It?

Tuesday, June 05, 2018


I was recently offered the opportunity to receive a watch from Folsom & Co to test and review here on my blog. 

To give you a little bit of background, Folsom & Co is a silicon-valley based company that aims to create a modern style for the new generation. 



I went through their watch collection on the website (folsomshop.com) which had some really pretty and unique designs. The one timepiece that really caught my eye was the Madeline watch. It is a unique combination of a timepiece and bracelet together and I decided to pick this one for my review. 



What drew me to the Madeline watch on the online store?


Review: Madeline Watch from Folsom & Co... Do I Love It?

Madeline is a watch that has an extended strap with a bracelet on it. I found this design very unique as it is not commonly available. The design is very feminine and the crystals add a touch of grace to its beauty.

The strap is available in gold, white, black, turquoise and wood. I ordered the black one as I wanted a versatile colour that goes with multiple outfits.

The website mentioned the specifications, which were:

Dial diameter: 55 mm
Case material: acrylic
Band material type: leather
Band width: 6 mm
Clasp type: buckle
Case thickness: 10 mm
Dial window material type: acrylic
Movement: quartz

Shipping and delivery


The website mentioned that they would be able to deliver the pieces in 3 to 4 weeks. I was approached in March and received the watch at the beginning of May so allowing for a little extra time (since I did not place the order online) they do require the mentioned 3 to 4 weeks for delivery.

The watch came in a bubble wrapped package in a simple plastic casing. However, there was no damage so I would say the packaging was optimum.

My impressions of the watch


Review: Madeline Watch from Folsom & Co... Do I Love It?

I wanted to test the watch properly so I gave it about a week's wear before I began to write my review. 

I was happy to see that the actual watch matches the pictures shown in the online store. I often shop online and one of my grouses is that sometimes things look very stylish in pictures but are a let down when they arrive. Thankfully that wasn't the case here.

The watch cum bracelet strap seems sturdy enough. I have been wearing the watch on and off for a week and it has held up alright. I was a little intimidated about how to wear it on my own. Initially, it did look like a two person job and the first time I had my mother help me put it on. However, after a couple more attempts I learnt how to wear it by myself without assistance. 

Review: Madeline Watch from Folsom & Co... Do I Love It?

I was unsure of how the strap would wrap around my wrist so I went back to the website and looked at the pictures. To be honest, it is quite a simple wrap but since it had been a while between the order and delivery I had forgotten the final look I was expected to achieve. Basically, the watch sits in the centre, the crystal bracelet goes on the right and the plain leather strap goes on the left.

They have multiple push buttons to fasten the watch on the wrist. Now I have really thin wrists and no watch has ever sat perfectly fitted on my wrist. This watch is no exception. I usually have to push all my watches really far up my wrist when I want a tight fit, or just leave it loose and sort of dangly. However, if you have a normal person's wrist, the push buttons will give you a good fit.

There's a short video of me putting on the watch. Check it out here if you would like to have a look. You will see that, although you need a bit of practice, it is not difficult to put on by oneself.

I must say I love the design of my Madeline watch. I posted pictures on my Instagram page and received lots of compliments. I also showed it to my friends and family and they too loved the design.

Review: Madeline Watch from Folsom & Co... Do I Love It?

It's definitely a statement piece and a conversation starter. The crystals add a touch of glamour to the timepiece. Thankfully they seem to be attached properly and haven't fallen off. 

Overall I am really happy with this watch. It is different from the other watches I own so it's a nice addition to my small collection. I like that it goes with both Indian and Western outfits and I can wear them to office as well as the fancier parties. 

If you would like to order the Madeline watch or another timepiece from Folsom you can do so by clicking here.


Disclaimer: I received this watch from Folsom & Co for testing and review. All opinions are my own and unbiased. I am not an affiliate, so I make no commission if you click on my links. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments